Articles/Procedure to install Matlab from CSC Repository
Before installing matlab ensure that you are having java1.6 jre installed. (Debian users can get it from backports.org). To install csc's matlab on your linux machine follow the following steps:-
mkdir matlab-temp cd matlab-temp wget ftp://10.12.2.254/current_matlab_2008a/matlab.tar (or wget http://10.10.4.1/pub/Linux/software/current_matlab_2008a/matlab.tar) wget ftp://10.12.2.254/current_matlab_2008a/license.dat (or wget http://10.10.4.1/pub/Linux/software/current_matlab_2008a/license.dat) tar -xvvf matlab.tar cd matlab su mkdir /etc/matlab -p mkdir /etc/matlab/etc -p cp ../license.dat /etc/matlab/etc/ /bin/bash ./install
- He will ask you whether you wanna install with internet or manual installion without internet, select manual installation.
- Installer will start. Press OK
- He will ask whether you agree with the agreement. Say yes.
- He will ask for location for MATLAB root directory location. Give /etc/matlab
- He will ask you for activation key, Go to matlab-temp/matlab open the file named as plp there u will find activation key.
- He will ask for platforms and items to install. You probably want all. Select Linux (x86) and (x86_64) platforms and press ok.
- He asks if you want to create symbolic links to MATLAB scripts in.
Just say ok.
- He asks if you want to begin installation. Click ok.
- He will start installation. wait for 100% completion.
- Then he says installation complete. Click on Exit.
Matlab is now installed. You can run it by running in console
This completes the installation. Please note that you must be connected to LAN to use this software
since it looks for some files on server for licence.
Please note that occassionally the licence file on server changes. If that happens replace your license.data with the newer one on the above location.
If somebody has a problem you can report it to the group.
Just remove the installation directory and all of its content. like:
su rm -rf /etc/matlab/* rmdir /etc/matlab
xcb_xlib.c:50: xcb_xlib_unlock: Assertion `c->xlib.lock' failed
My matlab is not starting and showing this error xcb_xlib.c:50: xcb_xlib_unlock: Assertion `c->xlib.lock' failed
Just add this line in ~/.bashrc or .profile file export AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit
License checkout failed. License Manager Error -96 MATLAB is unable to connect to the license server. Make sure that the MATLAB client machine can communicate with the hostname listed in the SERVER line of the license file, and that the port listed in the SERVER line is not blocked by a firewall.
Troubleshoot this issue by visiting: http://www.mathworks.com/support/lme/R2008a/96
Diagnostic Information: Feature: MATLAB License path: /root/.matlab/R2008a_licenses:/etc/matlab/licenses/license.dat: /etc/matlab/licenses/network.lic: FLEXnet Licensing error: -96,7. System Error: 2
open file /etc/matlab/licenses/network.lic as super user In the SERVER line replace sunfire0 with 10.10.4.1 If even now it doesn't work then the license server 10.10.4.1 is down. Or from your network you are unable to reach 10.10.4.1 in that case contact Mr. Ram Lal in CSC. (To cheak If it's really down or unreachable try ssh 10.10.4.1 and see if u can connect to 10.10.4.1) Remember every time you try to run matlab you must be connected to LAN, because it verifies license every time.
[Desktop Entry] Name=Matlab GenericName=User Interface Designer Exec=/etc/matlab/bin/matlab Terminal=true StartupNotify=true Type=Application Icon=/etc/matlab/toolbox/matlab/demos/html/logo.png Categories=GNOME;GTK;Development;GUIDesigner; X-Desktop-File-Install-Version=0.13
- Save this file in /usr/share/applications directory with name is Matlab.desktop